Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mr. Fluff the Persian

I have this love/hate relationship with Saturdays...I LOVE that we get a lot of people in and a lot of adoptions. I hate how stressful the day can be and how exhausted I feel at the end of the day. I worked in cat Iso (Isolation) for the entire morning since we have a full house...around 40 sick kitties. Yikes! It takes a lot of work to medicate and clean in Iso, so we didn't finish until around 11am. There was also one young orange cat that made cleaning a bit more difficult. He learned how to open his cage by body slamming himself against the door and I'd find him walking around the room like it's all good. I freaked out the first time because I couldn't find him until I saw the tip of a tail underneath the cages...he then ran right up to me and nudged his head against my leg in affection. How could I get mad at him after that? Silly kitty.

Later, an orange cat named Rascal from one of my previous posts was adopted out and sent home today. He's been at the shelter since early January and is such a friendly and sweet cat that really deserved a good home. YAY to happy endings!


Persian Cat

I also wanted to share with you one of my favorite cats at the shelter named Mr. Fluff.


They originated from Persia, modern-day Iran, and have become a very popular breed in the United States. Persians were pets for royalty at one point in time, with owners such as Queen Victoria, and now they are one of the most popular pedigreed cat in North America. They are unique with their short flat pushed in face (doll-like) and thick fluffy coat. Personality wise, they are extremely sweet and serene companions...not at all an active or energetic breed. They prefer a calm environment, although they can easily adapt to a louder environment if their needs are met. Mr. Fluff has a special lion trim cut that was most likely done because of matted hair and to keep him cool (in this Florida weather). I'll update on him if he gets adopted :)

Last but not least, I wanted to post two pictures of a big old pit who was adopted out today to a wonderful new home. His name is Buddah and his friendly personality won me over the day he arrived at the shelter. Thankfully he was at the shelter for only about three weeks and not any longer. Here are the pictures I took of him today:



No comments:

Post a Comment