Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Artsy Self



Hello again! Greetings from Monkey, a very sweet and independent kitty at the shelter. I was able to catch him in the best pose and wanted to share it :)

So there's been a lot going on in the shelter...mainly that we are close to reaching capacity in the dog building :( We've been receiving and intaking dogs at an alarming rate (to me) and it hasn't stopped! For example, today when we opened at 10 am, there were four people outside in line to relinquish their pets. That's nuts! And it didn't stop until sometime in the afternoon. We also have a good amount of small dogs which is unusual...meaning adoptions have kind of slowed down these past couple of weeks since we usually just have big dogs. People need to start coming in so we can adopt these guys out!

The temperature during the day has also been rising and I am not looking forward to what the summer has to bring. If it's already in the high 80s and mid 90s now, I can't even imagine how unbearable it's going to be in the summer. I tried to take as many dogs as I could out today and get them into the rec yard to play in the doggy pool and with the hose. I am so not ready for the summer...lol.

Every once in a while I like to do some arts and crafts and thanks to Pinterest, I felt inspired to to this painting the other day. I stumbled upon this DIY idea from this awesome blog called The Space Between, and I decided to make something similar.


Ta-dah! I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the background is a light purple and just incase, it's a dog silhouette. I printed out the silhouette and drew a grid on the printed paper, then I drew a grid on the wood board and drew it out with the help of the grid. I went old school with this...didn't think I could eyeball it. Here are some more pictures of when I was making it and then after I hung it up in my office space. I love how it came out :)



I also painted some ceramic bowls at a DIY ceramic paint store for my kitty cat Jax. I wrote his name on the side and on the back of one bowl, the date I adopted him. Here are some pictures of them:



Lastly, I found these cute pears online and decided to print them out and glue them onto a rectangular board I painted white. I was originally going to paint them on but I decided just to use Mod Podge glue to stick the pretty pears onto it. The pictures I posted here of the board is still the unfinished product (still need to paint it all white)...but I thought I would include it so you could get the idea! I'm going to hang it in the kitchen once I'm done with it. It's nice to unwind with some arts and crafts every once in a while :)



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the addition of the heart on your silhouette! What a great addition to your office, the perfect place for it.

    What incredible work you do, it would be so hard for me, I'm too emotional to not get attached to every single animal that would come in.
    Thank you so much for linking up to my project!! I'm sharing this on my facebook wall.
    Karah

    ReplyDelete