Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Special Feature: Tashi's Treats



This is LONG overdue! I am ashamed of myself for not writing earlier and worse, for not sharing this! So where do I even begin? I met Natasha, nicknamed Tashi, a couple of years ago while I was in Gainesville. Since then, she has grown into one of the most compassionate and dedicated young girls I have ever met. She set her mind to creating a project to help less fortunate animals...and guess what? She made that dream into a reality! So inspiring!

T makes these adorable and unique pocket hearts, all handmade, that you can buy online on her Etsy site. Each month she chooses an organization to donate the proceeds made from her crafts. Below is a picture of the rescue she chose for her first month, Gainesville Pet Rescue. This month she chose Second Chance Farms, a non-profit animal rescue and rehabilitation organization also located in Gainesville.

It takes initiative and heart to make a difference like this, and I couldn't be more proud of her. In T's own words, "anyone can make a difference, no matter how little".





Want to help? Visit Tashi's Etsy site and get yourself one of these adorable handmade pocket hearts! Proceeds go to the animal welfare organization of the month :) 

Please check out her blog and let's show her our support!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura!

    It's me again, Tammy the Marketing Coordinator at The Uncommon Dog. We just finished another informative info-graphic that I thought you might be interested in. It's titled "How Dogs Became Our Best Friends!".

    If you love dogs, like we do, then you'll love this story. Recent scientific breakthroughs have increased our understanding about how dogs have come to play such an integral part of our daily lives. This fun and engaging info-graphic tells that story in a way that we hope makes it accessible and interesting to everyone.

    If you would like to share this info-graphic with your readers, please feel free to do so. You can find the info-graphic here: http://www.theuncommondog.com/how-dogs-became-our-best-friends.aspx Again, all we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog.com, in some way, from your post.

    Also, definitely let me know if you do decide to post it because we'd be happy to spread the word again about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages.

    If you'd like your e-mail removed from our mailing list, please let us know.

    Big Tail Wag!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. National Dog Week is coming up and I'd like to share a fun photo campaign with you. Can you email me when you get a chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog! I see that you are not longer posting on here. Are you anywhere else on the world wide web? Twitter? Another blog? As a dog trainer at a shelter, I have enjoyed reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete