Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meet Jax

The cat is finally out of the bag (literally) - my boyfriend and I recently adopted a cat named Jax from the shelter! We've had him for about three weeks now but I was waiting until the right moment to share this. I've never been much of a cat person and I was hesitant to get a cat because of my allergies - but so far it's been working out great! I vacuum and clean regularly so the hair doesn't build up and my cat allergies have been considerably less intense ever since I began working at the shelter.  I thought that I would be going crazy working with the cats at work but as each day passes, I feel it less and less. I don't ever sneeze anymore and my eyes haven't gotten red and watery in weeks. Yay!

Anyways, back to my new kitty. Jax is a 2 year old male domestic short hair tabby cat that loves to be petted and loved. When I first saw him in his cage, I panicked because he was in such a deep sleep that I had to shake him to see if he was ok. I honestly thought he was dead. After a minute or two he woke up and came right up to my face to snuggle. That's when I knew he was the one! He also doesn't mind, if anything loves, to be rubbed on his belly, which is VERY unusual for cats.


Here's a little picture collage of him. ENJOY! :)



About the pictures: (from top left to the right)

1) The first pic is of Jax at the shelter when I first met him - he used to sleep ALL the time and liked to be in his litter box.
2) His first day at his new home :)
3,4) I've found that he loves to sunbathe and just lie in the sun for hours.
5) Doing what he does best...sleeping.
6) We've caught him drinking from the toilet a couple of times even though he has clean water in his bowl. YUCK!
7) He loves his belly rubs (unlike many cats).
8) Watching me do laundry from the hamper :)
9) Last but not least, he is an easily entertained cat - he found amusement from an empty cardboard box with his toys inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment